By Richmiller-Oracle on Jul 21, 2011
My Oracle Support: Featuring user-driven innovations - New Videos Posted Aug 2014!
Updated Aug 1,2014. The HTML Transition is now complete... So all of the old videos (that apply to the Flash UI) are now moot, although the concepts are still valid, if you want some background, the UI will be slightly different. Here are new videos for the HTML and Mobile user experiences. Learn what's new and start saving time today. This page is effectively "dead", a few videos are still valid, as shown below. I have added the new (Aug 2014) overview demo.
You can also use the Feedback link inside of My Oracle Support. There are also leader lead classes, and even sessions in other languages. Those posted here are only in English right now. Most are closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
My Oracle Support
A Quick Overview (New for Aug, 2014) - Miriam takes us through the basics of MOS. She covers a lot of ground for those who are new. This IS be the ONE video to watch!
Introduction to the new Certify Search UPDATED (July 2012 - Still a good one - Aug '14!) for the new content, features and changes... This 6 minute video is of a live demo - no PowerPoint slides! Check the certify blog to know what content is in Certify (not all products are available in Certify) Let us know your comments! This video is closed captioned.
We only have one video right now, but a new one is on the way. This one shows the basics of Viewing and Updating Service Requests Still a good one - Aug '14! But a new one is coming covering all of the great new features of MOS Mobile. Learn about what is new in Mobile, if you like.
MOS Flash (phased out, ALL are no longer applicable to the HTML UI)
- Overview of My Oracle Support (with an emphasis on migration of Sun customers)
- This 6 minute video is of a live demo. It provides just the basics for a first time user of My Oracle Support. It has an emphasis on those who are coming from Sun support.
- Registering for My Oracle Support (including Sun customers)
- This 8 minute video is of a live demo. Although registration doesn't require much explanation, it goes into "Support Identifiers" which is how you gain access to features and services. It has an emphasis on those who are coming from Sun support.
- Registration and Account Administration (with an emphasis on migration of Sun customers)
- This 15 minute video is of a live demo. Learn how registration works for My Oracle Support with an emphasis on how the administrator at your organization handles setting and approving access for others in your organization. It has a focus on understanding Support Identifiers, getting approval to access, and administration of permissions. We also include getting access with Sun contracts and serial numbers.
Introduction to the new Health Recommendations features (July 21, 2011)
Introduction to the new Certify Search
John covers how to get the most out of the Health Recommendations and customizing the experience (including how to get email alerts for hot issues or your key systems!). This feature is based on using the collector to upload configuration information to My Oracle Support. There are lots of other advantages to doing that, but for this video we focus on the use of Health Checks.
- UPDATED (July 2011) for the new content, features and changes... This 6 minute video is of a live demo - no PowerPoint slides! Check the certify blog to know what content is in Certify. Not everything is there yet! Let us know your comments!
(Version Subtitled in Japanese - 日本語の字幕付きバージョン)
- Certifications Searching - Advanced Uses
- This 6 minute video is a live demo - no PowerPoint slides! Although there is not much to talk about in advanced training, we think some tips and tricks might be helpful, so here they are.
- Upgrade Planner
- This 8 minute video of the real software contains no PowerPoint slides. It covers the forthcoming feature to help customers plan an upgrade from one software release to another. Let us know what you think!
- Upgrade Planner - Advanced Uses
- This 10 minute video of the real software contains no PowerPoint slides. It covers upgrades which would require merge patches, patches which need to be requested and more details on how to access the upgrade planner and some tips and tricks. Let us know what you think!
A quick (3 minute) introduction (not demo) of the ASR process for Hardware (Sun) customers. It explains how it works and the basic value of this cool feature. If you want the long and detailed explanation you can try this video.
These videos address frequently asked questions and are among our most watched.
- How do I Install configuration manager
- Learn the most efficient way to install Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) in your environment to receive the full value from your support experience. Accurate as of Oct 2010.
- Why use configuration manager?
- Learn which features require users to download, install and use Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM), and whether these use cases are right for you.
- Creating a Service Request
- Review methods for creating a Service Request, the features of each step, and what to expect if you save drafts or file the Service Request (does not cover Sun "Hardware" service requests, this will be covered in another session).
- Dashboard Customization
- Key ways to customize your experience by creating a tailored view of your Oracle support data. This video is applicable for customers with and without Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) in use.
- Tailor your searches so you see only results relevant to your environment. Power View is especially useful for customers with large numbers of Support Identifiers and collectors.
- Tips and tricks for getting the most out of Knowledge searching, refining searches, and advanced searches. Useful for all users. Mostly accurate, could use a refresh (Oct, 2010)
- Learn about the Inventory report and its many features. This demo is for customers using Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM).