Hot Topics sends automated emails when a selected resource is added or updated, keeping you informed of changes.
Resources available for Hot Topics updates include: knowledge documents, bugs, service requests, desupport notices, product newsletters, and field action bulletins. Notification of your favorite document is also available. Each Hot Topics email contains links to content that has changed based on your settings.
You can choose the frequency of e-mail and select only the resources important and relevant to you.
Along with Hot Topics you can opt to receive My Oracle Support Site Alerts. When enabled, this option informs you when a My Oracle Support outage is scheduled.
Click to watch a video on using Hot Topics.
To set up and enable Hot Topics E-mail:
- Go to the Settings tab in My Oracle Support and click Hot Topics E-mail.
- Select how often you want to receive emails and the content format (plain text or HTML).
- Make any selections in the Content to Include as desired.
- In the Selected Products section, click + Add then specify a product to monitor.
- Make other selections as required, then click Apply or OK.
- Note that if you click Apply, the Add Product window remains open so you can add additional products.
- To receive e-mail notifications about health recommendations, in the Health Recommendations section, select a recommendation category (Severity, Favorite Targets, By Support Identifier, or By Target Type).
- If you select By Target Type, click Add... then specify a target type to monitor.
- Make other selections as required, then click OK.
- To save changes to Hot Topics E-mail, click Apply at the bottom of the window.
For more information about Hot Topics E-mail, see Knowledge Document 793436.1
, "Use My Oracle Support Hot Topics Email to subscribe to Support Product News, SRs, Bugs, etc. and events so that you Never Miss an Important Update."