Introducing... My Oracle Support!
By Joshua Solomin on Sep 20, 2008
Coinciding with Oracle OpenWorld this week, we have a very exciting announcement to make: the next-generation platform for Oracle Support is now live! We've taken all of the functionality that was previously available in MetaLink, and embedded the configuration management capabilities of Software Configuration Manager directly into the process. The result is the brand new My Oracle Support portal, combining the best aspects of each to create a single interface to all of Oracle's support resources -- with configuration-based customization baked right in.
So, what does this mean to you?
- If you were previously a user of Software Configuration Manager, with collector software deployed, you won't need to make any changes; it's just gotten easier for you, since the capabilities enabled by the collector software are now built into how you interact with Oracle Support.
- If you were a MetaLink user who hadn't tried out Software Configuration Manager, then we encourage you to take advantage of the personalized and proactive support capabilities in My Oracle Support by deploying the collector software. You can not only associate service requests with specific systems in your environment, but also receive tailored security and product health checks that identify problems and recommend fixes before the problems can actually affect your systems
Either way, we're very excited to roll out My Oracle Support. Taking full advantage of its capabilities can lead to some enormous benefits; we've seen among our customers results like
- up to 40% faster problem resolution
- up to 30% faster service request creation
- up to 25% of problems proactively avoided
- up to 97% of issues resolved without even requiring a service request!
Please enjoy the new interface, and take advantage of all of the available resources that can help you get started, including the FAQ, training videos, or other collateral found on the Collector tab. And let us know what you think of My Oracle Support!