By Jeanb-Oracle on Jul 23, 2015
- Help save time and improve your effectiveness in finding patches that you need.
- Learn about product specific best practices for patching and upgrading.
- Avoid issues by staying current on your Oracle products and applying critical fixes.
1. Review Oracle Support Lifecycle Advisors for patching and upgrading best practices
View Oracle Support Lifecycle Advisors (Document ID 250.2) to learn about best practices for patching and upgrading the Oracle products you own.
2. Use the Patch Simple Search when you know the Patch ID
3. Use the Patch Advanced Search to search based on a product and release
Include additional filters to find Oracle recommended patches and to filter by platform or other attributes.
4. Use the Patch Related Activity region to find recently viewed or downloaded patches
5. Download the latest Critical Patch Updates and Security Alerts
- Oracle strongly recommends staying current with the latest Critical Patch Updates and Security Alerts.
- Critical Patch Updates are collections of security fixes for Oracle products and are released quarterly.
- Security Alerts are issued for vulnerability fixes deemed too critical to wait for distribution in the next Critical Patch Update.
- The latest information is always available from the "Critical Patch Updates and Security Alerts" link on the Patching Quick Links region.
6. For more information on searching for patches
- View My Oracle Support Patches and Updates How To (Document ID 1966784.2) for more information.
- Visit the My Oracle Support Community for a simple, easy way to ask a question without having to initiate a service request.