I'm James Day, one of the more senior support engineers in Oracle's MySQL team. A former developer, I've had the pleasure of being featured at a MySQL User Conference twice to receive awards, once in 2005 on behalf of Wikipedia as Application of the Year and in 2012 as one of the Community Contributors of the Year for my comments on the blog entries of other people.
- Inserting NULLs into NOT NULL columns in 5.6: refused by default
- Remove on sight: thread_concurrency, innodb_additional_mem_pool_size, innodb_use_sys_malloc
- MySQL Server 5.6 default my.cnf and my.ini
- Act NOW to maximise the chance of your bugs being fixed before 5.6 is declared production ready!
- MySQL Server 5.6 defaults changes