On the Value of Integrated Service Planning
By APSStrat2 on Jun 23, 2009
The other day my refrigerator went kaput with the regular symptoms - food smelling... There were two interesting occurences:
- The number of UFO's (Unidentified Food Objects) in the refrigerator
- The response of the manufacturer to the service request
- I was able to make an appointment for the next day, the day before a 3 day weekend -- on-line
- The service person showed up -- on-time
- He identified the problem and had the spare part -- in his truck
- He gave us a bill -- that made me swoon
While I was not happy (who would be?) to pay a princely sum ($260 for fixing a $45 part in 10 minutes), I really appreciated the overall synchronization that is needed to deliver this service.
Do you run a service operation that can command a premium for delivering such high-quality service without excess inventory or manpower?
Oracle can help with a full featured solution consisting of Oracle Service Parts Planning integrated with Oracle Service.