Monday Jan 26, 2009
Wednesday Dec 10, 2008
By Ales Cernosek on Dec 10, 2008
Last Saturday (Dec, 6th), I had a chance to attend OpenSolaris seminar
organized by Czech OpenSolaris User Group (CZOSUG). The seminar was
focused on a new release of OpenSolaris 2008.11, its new features like Time Slider, Distribution Constructor (DC), latest versions of SW, updated Package Manager, etc.
One part of the event was an install-fest where everyone could install the latest version of OpenSolaris into his/her laptop and try cool features immediately. After the install-fest, presentations about the key features were introduced ...
Friday Nov 28, 2008
By Jan Hlodan on Nov 28, 2008
There are different types of IPS packages that can be created. A package is a collection of files, directories, drivers, and dependencies in a defined format. This task shows how to create a package that consists of a directory, a file, a dependency, and a name attribute. The package is then published to the repository using the pkgsend command.
Thursday Nov 27, 2008
By Jan Hlodan on Nov 27, 2008
The Distribution Constructor uses your local repository to create OpenSolaris
- How to build the OpenSolaris release from any build of Nevada
- How to build the OpenSolaris release faster
- How to make identical local repository to the official repository
Wednesday Nov 26, 2008
By Jan Hlodan on Nov 26, 2008
We needed to create modified OpenSolaris 2008.11 release for our Hebrew customer.
Our Hebrew customer had these requirements:
- Keyboard layout should be automatically set to English, without prompting a user (during the boot from the Live CD)
- Desktop language should be automatically set to Hebrew, without prompting a user (during the boot from the Live CD)
- All desktop icons should be localized into Hebrew
- Change default terminal font
And we fulfilled with pleasure his wishes. Here is our how to.[Read More]
By Jan Hlodan on Nov 26, 2008
This guide provides instructions for installing the Distribution Constructor and using this application to build ISO and USB images.
Overview of the Distribution Constructor
The Distribution Constructor is a command-line tool for building preconfigured, bootable OpenSolaris images. In the OpenSolaris 2008.11 release, this tool takes an XML manifest file as input, and builds an ISO image that is based on the parameters specified in the manifest file. Optionally, a USB image can be created, based on the generated ISO image.
Solaris l10n & i18n, locales, keyboards, fonts and related topics.
- OpenSolaris 2010.03 Community Translations - Top Contributors & Awards
- One Locale per Language in OpenSolaris LiveCD
- Monaco, Urdu and Switzerland ISO8859-15 locales
- How to build pkg gate - OpenSolaris 127
- How to Create a new Locale in OpenSolaris
- Newest Xkeyboard-config added to OpenSolaris
- Keyboard Layout configuration using HAL
- 'pkg image-update' gives 'segmentation fault'?
- New Locale Workspace in OpenSolaris
- Locale Creator on OpenSolaris