2007-03-28 Security Link Of The Day
By alecm on Mar 27, 2007
The best jumping-off points to investigate all the security possibilities are probably the Security Community Wiki and the main OpenSolaris Projects List.
- Cryptographic Framework (abstract access to accelerated cryptography)
- IPsec (secure TCP/IP networking)
- Kerberos (single sign-on solution)
- SASL (simple authentication security layer, framework for authentication / authorization in internet protocols)
- SSH (secure shell, encrypted interactive access with tunneling)
- RBAC (role-based access control, constraining privileged user access)
- Solaris Auditing (audit trail of user activity)
- Trusted Extensions (compartmentalisation and labelling of user data and processes)
Do take a look. There's a lot of nifty stuff there.