N1 Service Provisioning System Patch version 6.0.3 released
By sunnydays on Oct 09, 2008
A newer release of Service Provisioning System (version 6.0.3) is now
available for download on sunsolve.sun.com. It was released early September and the Release
Notes is a good place to
You are strongly encouraged to go through the Release Notes AND the README instructions of all the patches thoroughly before starting your patch installations.
The following are the key changes that were incorporated in this release
- A fix in the SPS transport layer code was implemented to provide performance optimization of deployment jobs over a raw, SSH or SSL connection. Specifically, customers using an SSL connection between MS and the RA/LD nodes can observe noticeable performance improvements while deploying large payloads.
- A fix was also added to correct the default database encoding for customers who want to use extended ASCII character sets. This would not only facilitate clean database migration between 5.2 to 6.0 of any UTF-8 characters, but also ensure data integrity on fresh 6.0 installation. It's strongly recommended that admins take necessary steps to apply this fix on their SPS 6.0 installations.
- Certain GUI related bugs were fixed and some missing functionality was added back.
- Response time of GUI login validation has been improved.
- It is to be noted that this is a cumulative patch on top of the earlier patch release version 6.0.2. Hence all the bug fixes that were delivered with the 6.0.2 patch are also accumulated into the 6.0.3 patch.