After 19 hours of flight, I finally reached Chennai from SFO (on Sunday morning). I'm still going through the timezone change. I wish for a "Star Trek" like transport :-)
This JavaOne turned to be a "device" JavaOne for me -- I attended talks on SunSPOT, Java ME, Blu-ray, OCAP etc. In some sense, it is device JavaOne anyway -- after all one of the big announcements is about JavaFX mobile. I wanted to attend, but missed the talk on "x86 (JPC?) Java emulator".
Random bits from this year's JavaOne:
- Our troubleshooting BOF went well. As usual there were many questions to the point that they would hardly let me finish jhat demo :-).
- I was at the performance and diagnostics POD for some time - mostly demonstrating jconsole, jhat to few folks.
- I felt that there was more crowd this time. JavaOne is getting bigger and bigger. Long queues everywhere ...
- On Friday, I had a chat with Fat Cat Air. The chat was mostly about the flight that he is building and not about "tiered compilation" :-)
- I had to travel to L.A for a day. I stayed with my friend Gurumoorthy over the week end. Now, I've a new friend "Akhilan" (Gurumoorthy's son).
- I had to explain quite a few folks how I work at Chennai when there is no Sun office at Chennai. Yes, I work from home. If you are curious, you may want to check out OpenWork.