HotSpot source: classloading
By sundararajan on Oct 31, 2006
- $JDK/src/share/vm/runtime/classFileParser.hpp (and .cpp)
- $JDK/src/share/vm/runtime/classFileStream.hpp (and .cpp)
- $JDK/src/share/vm/memory/classLoader.hpp (and .cpp)
- $JDK/src/share/vm/memory/systemDictionary.hpp (and .cpp)
- $JDK/src/share/vm/memory/loaderConstraints.hpp (and .cpp)
- $JDK/src/share/vm/oops/InstanceKlass.hpp (and .cpp) - in particular
- HotSpot is a C++ program. You can try what is described in "Using DTrace to Profile and Debug A C++ Program"
- Insert your own USDT probes in HotSpot source and recompile! [refer: User-land tracing gets better and better]
Note that aforementioned DTrace tricks can be used to trace any subsystem of HotSpot - not neccesarily classloading!