I was making a jar
file for testing something. I had given a manifest file and a set of classes by the following command line:
jar cvfm myjar.jar mymanifest.mf \*.class
When I used myjar.jar, the manifest entries I specified in my
were not working as expected. I opened the jar and checked the added manifest.mf in the jar file -- it did not
have attributes defined in
in it! In fact, my
had just one attribute!! It turned out that I was bitten by whitespace -- newline was missing at the end of the attribute. Apparently, manifest file spec.
mandates newline at the end of attributes. jar tool did not complain about my manifest file :-( Moral of the story: beware of whitespaces!