Like many in India, I do like (that is an understatement!) cricket
. All too familiar, yet another Indian team seconding innings collapse
today :-(. But, I think England deserved to win this match.
- Electing to field first after winning the toss (hint of lack of confidence?)
- good bowling by England. I like the way England bowled to the weakness of
Indian batsmen (for example, bouncers)
- good, patient second innings batting by England. Many thought they were playing too slow. I thought that is fine -- you don't always need to score at 4 runs an over to win a test match.
- too many dropped chances by Indian team
- too much of dependence on Rahul Dravid. He needs support from the other top order batsmen.
I think Indian bowlers did their job reasonably well. It is time for Indian batsmen to play against Munaf Patel and get trained against the bouncers?