Governance-- A top 10 of sorts
By suncpo on Apr 07, 2009
Interoperable/ data portable? check.
Beyond the buzz I would like to start getting specific about the
elements of a rough cut on a Cloud Governance Framework. All of
the elements have their private cloud (traditional IT systems or
outsourced IT) corollary but I will suggest that the mass scalability
and distributed nature of Cloud add nuance if not new to this list:
1. Privacy – control or “get over it”? (Guess which one we like???)
2. Intellectual Property – what's mine, yours & theirs
3. Security – which perimeter are we protecting anyway?
4. Export control – no bad guys & bombs
5. Social Engineering – who do you train not to be
6. The Cops - investigation requirements and allowances
7. Inappropriate Content – keeping naked & rude out
8. Audit – what, how much & by whom?
9. E-Discovery – how many docs does it take to make the
10. Public policy -- how do we want external parties, users
and owners to interoperate & cause redress to happen in this
Harm, ownership and fiduciary obligation notions emerge and
diverge. "The Framework" isn't ready for public
consumption beyond these skeletal issues at this point, but these are
some of the issues I'm starting to frame up. Complex issues
such ID management, entitlements, document ephemerazation and context
decision management live in the nooks & crannies of this top 10
in my mind.
Just a bit of a hmmmm for today...