By frankdog on Aug 07, 2007
The N1 SPS 6.0 release is now available for download. This new release includes several features that a few of you have been waiting for, including:
- User Interface Enhancements, including integrated task flows and wizards for creating plans, components, and containers
- N1 SPS Modeler, a NetBeans module that enables you to create N1 SPS components, plans, and plug-ins in your NetBeans IDE
- Plan Variable Sets, enabling you to capture plan execution information, as well as other common plan parameters, as a complete variable set
- UNIX <reboot> Step, allowing you to include reboot instructions in your execution plans
- User Name and Password Constraints, giving you the option to specify the minimum character length, maximum character length, and acceptable character set for you N1 SPS user names and passwords
- Linux RPM Installers, allowing you to install the Master Server and Command Line Interface client as Linux RPM packages
- Native Call Cancel on Timeout, enabling you to use the <execNative> and <execJava> elements to perform a remote procedure call (RPC) and terminate code that is running on a remote agent
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 Update 5 Support
- JDK Upgrade to include version 1.5
- PostgreSQL Upgrade to include version 8.1
This new release also includes the new features first introduced in the N1 SPS 5.2 Update 2 release:
- Import/Export Bundles, enabling you to copy N1 SPS artifacts (plans, components, etc.) between master servers as bundles
- Dynamic Targetting, allowing you to use variable substitution on a component targeter.
- Installed Components Display Commands, enabling you to list installed components and their dependencies with the cdb.ic family of commands
- Unrestrictive Host Locking, enabling you to customize the locking behavior for your hosts while executing plans
Get Started With N1 SPS 6.0
- Download the software here
- Download the N1 SPS Modeler here.
- Install the software by following the instructions.
- Learn more about N1 SPS.