Monday May 05, 2008
Monday Apr 07, 2008
Wednesday Nov 14, 2007
By user12601629 on Nov 14, 2007
Today we're opening the doors on a new community hub for developers interested building leading edge technologies in data center virtualization and automation. To get started you can surf over to the landing page at openxvm.org. This page will act as the central router for several related projects going on around the web that together form the basis for running next generation data centers much more efficiently. There are three projects that initially make up the core of Open xVM.
The xVM project at OpenSolaris is developing an industrial-grade, x64 hypervisor using a combination of code developed by the OpenSolaris and Xen communities. The Logical Domains project is building an advanced hypervisor that takes advantage of functionality unique to the newest SPARC microprocessors. Both of these communities are currently active and interested developers and administrators can get access to binaries and source code to try today.
The newest part of this growing community of communities is the new Open xVM project at java.net. The xVM@java.net community is the place where we will be releasing the code used to build Sun's xVM Ops Center product and we will be looking for partners, collaborators and contributors who want to be involved in the most advanced, open source data center automation tools anywhere. Starting in December, we'll begin to post code for these leading edge management technologies into xVM@java.net. The first component we plan to post is the Common Agent Container (CAC). CAC is at the heart of the management infrastructure for many of Sun's products including the Java Enterprise System Management Framework (JES MF) the N1 System Manager and the forthcoming Sun xVM Ops Center. Here is some high-level information on CAC.
- A cross-platform Java-based management daemon
- Java SE
- Java ME
- Supporting standard management models and protocols
- WS-MAN / WS-CIM
- Integrated pluggable security.
- Sun Java Access Manager
- Dynamic Extensibility
- Modules can be deployed, undeployed and managed at runtime
- Simple to develop for and to use.
- Full netbeans integration for new agent module developers
- The easy learning curve of JMX
Thoughts on cloud computing, virtualization and data center management from Steve Wilson, Oracle engineering VP.
- SPARC Cloud Architecture
- So You Want To Build a SPARC Cloud
- Solaris 11 and Enterprise Manager Ops Center
- Next Ops Center Experts Webcast: Cloud Management
- Ops Center Experts Webcast
- Launching Ops Center 12c
- The New Enterprise Manager Ops Center "Harvester" utility
- The New Enterprise Manager Ops Center Quickstart Guide
- Ops Center at OpenWorld 2011
- Integrated Cloud Management