As a follow up to our original certification announcement, Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 is now certified with the Oracle Database 11gR2 version 18.104.22.168 for Oracle Solaris 11 on x86-64 running on the database tier for the following platform and version:
Release 12.1 (12.1.1 or higher) with Database version 22.214.171.124:
- Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit) (11)
The application tier of the E-Business Suite is not certified with Oracle Solaris 11 on x86-64. Customers must run the application tier on a different platform such as Oracle Solaris on SPARC.
This announcement for E-Business Suite Release 12.1 includes the following (as well as other features and options):
- Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Oracle Database Vault
- Transparent Data Encryption (Column Encryption)
- TDE Tablespace Encryption
- Advanced Security Option (ASO)/Advanced Networking Option (ANO)
- Export/Import Process for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i and Release 12 Database Instances
- Transportable Database and Transportable Tablespaces Data Migration Processes for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i and Release 12
Where can I find more information?
Please also review the Oracle Database Installation Guide 11g Release 2 (11.2) for Oracle Solaris
for operating system and other prerequisites.