By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Apr 13, 2012
Oracle VM has matured into a formidable virtualization product over the years. Oracle E-Business Suite is certified to run production instances on both Oracle VM 2 and 3. This applies to EBS Releases 11i and 12. It also applies to future Oracle VM 3 updates, including subsequent Oracle VM 3.x releases.
E-Business Suite 12.1.3 Oracle VM templates available now
The latest EBS 12.1.3 templates for Oracle VM can be downloaded here:
Templates are available for:
- E-Business Suite 12.1.3 Vision (64-bit)
- E-Business Suite 12.1.3 Production (32-bit)
- E-Business Suite 12.x Sparse Middle Tiers (32-bit and 64-bit)
Should EBS 11i users care?Yes. You can use these templates to get an EBS 12 testbed environment running in minutes. This is a great way of giving your end-users a chance to work with EBS 12 without the overhead of building an environment from scratch.
Oracle VM 3 supports a number of guest operating systems including various flavors and versions of Linux, Solaris and Windows. For information regarding certified platforms, installation and upgrade guidance and prerequisite requirements please refer to the Certifications tab on My Oracle Support as well as the following documentation:
- Oracle VM Installation and Upgrade Guide
- Introduction to Oracle VM, Oracle VM Manager and EBS template deployment (Note 1355641.1)
- Oracle VM 3 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Support Policies for Virtualization Technologies and Oracle E-Business Suite
- The Scoop: Oracle E-Business Suite Support on 64-bit Linux