By Elke Phelps-Development-Oracle on Jun 02, 2014
I'm pleased to announce the certification of the E-Business Suite
12.1.3 Data Masking Template for the Data Masking Pack with Enterprise
Manager Cloud Control 22.214.171.124. You can use the Oracle Data Masking Pack with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c
to scramble sensitive data in cloned E-Business Suite environments.
You may scramble data in E-Business Suite cloned environments with EM126.96.36.199 using the following template:
What does data masking do in E-Business Suite environments?
Application data masking does the following:
- De-identify the data: Scramble identifiers of individuals, also known as personally identifiable information or PII. Examples include information such as name, account, address, location, and driver's license number.
- Mask sensitive data: Mask data that, if associated with personally identifiable information (PII), would cause privacy concerns. Examples include compensation, health and employment information.
- Maintain data validity: Provide a fully functional application.
How can EBS customers use data masking?
Due to data dependencies, scrambling E-Business Suite data is not a trivial task. The data needs to be scrubbed in such a way that allows the application to continue to function. The template works with the Oracle Data Masking Pack and Oracle Enterprise Manager to obscure sensitive E-Business Suite information that is copied from production to non-production environments.
The Oracle E-Business Suite Template for Data Masking Pack is applied to
a non-production environment with the Enterprise Manager Grid Control
Data Masking Pack. When applied, the Oracle E-Business Suite Template
for Data Masking Pack will create an irreversibly scrambled version of
your production database for development and testing.
Is there a charge for this?
Yes. You must purchase licenses for the Oracle Data Masking Pack to use the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3 template. The Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3 Template for the Data Masking Pack is included with the Oracle Data Masking Pack license. You can contact your Oracle account manager for more details about licensing.
Additional details and requirements are provided in the following My Oracle Support Note:
- Using Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 Template for the Data Masking Pack with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12.1 Data Masking Tool (Note 1481916.1)
- Masking Sensitive Data in the Oracle Database Real Application Testing User's Guide 11g Release 2 (11.2)