By Robert Farrington-Oracle on Feb 22, 2016
We are pleased to announce the availability of Oracle E-Business Suite StartCD 184.108.40.206 (often just called StartCD 51). As the fundamental installation medium for EBS, the startCD is what you begin with when installing or upgrading to Release 12.2.
This latest startCD includes many important updates and fixes, as described in the README for the patch by which it is supplied. Obtaining startCD 51 is highly recommended for all customers who will use Rapid Install to perform an installation or upgrade to Release 12.2.
How Can I Obtain startCD 220.127.116.11?
- You can download startCD 51 as Patch 22066363.
What's New in this Update?
Among other enhancements, startCD version 18.104.22.168:
- Includes important fixes for fresh install and upgrade scenarios
- Introduces EBS use of Oracle Database 12cR1 (22.214.171.124)
- Introduces EBS use of Oracle Fusion Middleware Web Tier Utilities 126.96.36.199.0
- Installs additional technology stack patches for Oracle Database 11g and Fusion Middleware
Do I Need A New Stage Area For startCD 188.8.131.52?
Yes, you must create a new stage area to use startCD 184.108.40.206. A stage area created with an earlier startCD will not work. This is because (as noted above) startCD 220.127.116.11 uses Oracle Database 12cR1 (18.104.22.168), while earlier startCDs used 11gR1 (22.214.171.124). In addition, startCD 126.96.36.199 uses a later patch set (188.8.131.52.0) of Oracle Fusion Middleware Web Tier Utilities than the 184.108.40.206.0 patch set used by earlier startCDs.
How Can I Obtain Oracle Database 220.127.116.11 and Oracle Web Tier Utilities 18.104.22.168.0?
You can download Oracle Database 22.214.171.124 and Oracle Web Tier Utilities 126.96.36.199.0 from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud as part of the Release 12.2.5 media:
- Go to the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud and search for Oracle Financials for your platform (EBS is not shown as a product option, so you need to choose a listed product such as Financials).
- Under Release 12.2.5, download the Zip files for "Oracle Database 188.8.131.52" and "Oracle Web Tier Utilities 184.108.40.206.0".
Where Can I Find More Information About Installing EBS?
Refer to the following Release 12.2 Web Library book for more information about creating the stage area, other installation prerequisites, and the various available installation actions and options:
As well as the Installation Guide mentioned above, you should refer to the following My Oracle Support knowledge documents as applicable:
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release Notes, Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1320300.1)
- Applying the Latest AD and TXK Release Update Packs to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1617461.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Applications DBA and Technology Stack Release Notes for R12.AD.C.Delta.7 and R12.TXK.C.Delta.7 (Doc ID 2033780.1.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Consolidated List of Patches and Technology Bug Fixes (Doc ID 1594274.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Technical Planning, Getting Started, and Go-Live Checklist (Doc ID 1585857.1)