Tuesday Dec 23, 2008
Monday Nov 24, 2008
By Prasad Akkiraju on Nov 24, 2008
Tuesday May 13, 2008
By Prasad Akkiraju on May 13, 2008
I am very pleased to announce that Oracle Database Vault 10.2.0.3 is now certified with E-Business Suite Release 12 on Linux-x86 platforms. This certification provides an upgrade path for current Database Vault-enabled EBS 11i instances to R12.
What is Oracle Database Vault?
A key challenge for security administrators is protecting enterprise data from insider attacks. Oracle Database Vault
is an optional database feature that can help you defend against that class of threats, as well as build internal controls to help meet regulatory requirements for privacy and segregation of duties.
Oracle Database Vault can prevent highly privileged users, including powerful application DBAs and others, from accessing sensitive applications and data in Oracle databases outside their authorized responsibilities. You can use customizable Realms and rules to ensure that users, even administrators, have access only to what they need to do their job.
For more details about the prepackaged Realms we've created for E-Business Suite environments, see:
- Linux x86-32
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release Update Pack 12.0.4
- Oracle Database Vault 10.2.0.3
- Oracle Database Release 10gR2 (10.2.0.3)
- Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with Oracle Database Vault 10.2.0.3 (OracleMetalink Note 566841.1)
- Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Vault Administrator's Guide
Tuesday Feb 19, 2008
By Prasad Akkiraju on Feb 19, 2008
Oracle Application Server provides features that allow customers to load balance their middle tier deployments. OC4J Clustering in OracleAS 10g is one such deployment that is widely used in load balanced configurations.
Starting with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0.2 (Release Update Pack 2), we support OC4J Clustering as part of AutoConfig's load balancing deployment options. This configuration option is supported for the OC4J instance running out of R12's 10.1.3 ORACLE_HOME.
Clustering ModelOracle Application Server 10g 10.1.3 supports various models for OC4J clustering:
- Dynamic node discovery
- Static discovery servers
- Cross topology gateways
- Manual node configuration.
Figure-1 static node-to-node communication model
Release 12 supports the following deployment options with OC4J clustering:
- Single Web Entry Point
- Multiple Web Entry Points
- Oracle Applications Technology Stack Patch Set 2 5917601 or higher.
- This Patch Set is included in the R12.ATG_PF.A.DELTA.2 5917344 and the Release 12.0.2 (Release Update Pack 2)
- Refer to Section 2 of the document - Using Load-Balancers with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Metalink Note 380489.1)
Configuring OC4J Load BalancingConfiguring both deployment options requires:
- Changing the E-Business Suite Context file using the Context File Editor
- Running AutoConfig
- Restarting the application tier server processes.
In this deployment option, there is single web entry point for the OC4J applications - oacore, forms and oafm services are configured to run on all or some of the application tier nodes.
Figure-2: Deployment model with Single Web Entry point and OC4J application running on all the nodes
Multiple Web Entry Points
In this deployment option, there are multiple web entry points with OC4J applications running on selected application tier nodes.
Figure-3: Deployment model with Multiple Web Entry points and OC4J applications running on selected nodes
- Using Load-Balancers with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Metalink Note 380489.1)
Containers for J2EE Configuration and Administration Guide 10g Release 3 (10.1.3) Administrator's Guide
Wednesday Jan 23, 2008
- E-Business Suite Technology Sessions at OpenWorld 2015
- WebCenter Portal 184.108.40.206 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.1
- Consultations with ATG Development at OpenWorld 2015
- EBS Support Policy for Third-Party Client Components
- Database Migration using 12cR1 Transportable Database Certified for EBS 12.1
- Using EBS 12.2 Data Source Connection Pool Diagnostics
- Are AMP Support Dates Based on EBS or EM Releases?
- "Certified" vs. "Error Correction Support": What's the Difference?
- JRE 1.8.0_60 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Using Application Management Suite With E-Business Suite 12.2