By Robert Farrington-Oracle on Dec 01, 2014
If you are on Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2, we strongly recommend that you apply these two newly-released patch collections (November 2014 bundle fixes) at your earliest convenience:
- Bundle Fixes for R12.AD.C.Delta.5 (Patch 20034256:R12.AD.C)
- Bundle Fixes for R12.TXK.C.Delta.5 (Patch 20043910:R12.TXK.C)
Applying these on top of AD Delta 5 and TXK Delta 5 respectively will bring you to the recommended codelevel for AD and TXK:
- AD Delta 5 (Patch 18283295) + November 2014 Bundle Fixes (Patch 20034256)
- TXK Delta 5 (Patch 18288881) + November 2014 Bundle Fixes (Patch 20043910)
You must always keep your AD and TXK codelevels synchronized.
Important: As well as providing additional fixes, the November 2014 bundle fixes include all the fixes provided in the October 2014 set. So if you have not yet applied the October set, you can just apply the November set instead.
What Is a Codelevel?
Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 patches are grouped into codelines.
A codeline begins with a point release (for example, Release 12.0) and
progresses to include all the patches created to maintain that point
Patches associated with codelines implement a set of features for a point release, and also provide fixes for that set of features. Such a unique set of product features for a point release is referred to as a a codelevel. You can think of it as the code you get when you apply a set of patches: in other words, it is defined by the patches that deliver it. Codelevels are cumulative, with each containing the initial set of features plus all the fixes created for that product.
Benefits of the Latest Codelevel
There are several important reasons you should adopt this latest recommended AD/TXK codelevel:
- It includes a number of significant fixes and improvements.
- New patches to implement code fixes will only be appliable to the latest AD/TXK codelevel.
- No code fixes will be created for earlier AD/TXK codelevels.
How Can I Get To the Latest Codelevel?
Installation instructions are here:
- Applying the Latest AD and TXK Release Update Packs to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Note 1617461.1)
Further information about these bundle fixes can be found in:
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Now Available - Essential Bundle Fixes for AD Delta 5 and TXK Delta 5 (Note 1934471.1)