[Feb. 25, 12:40 PM Update: Removed incorrect references to RHEL 3, SLES 9, HP-UX 11.11, Solaris 8]
We're very pleased to announce the release of Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 4.0, an integral part of Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite
The management suite combines features in the standalone Application Management Pack (AMP) for Oracle E-Business Suite and Application Change Management Pack (ACMP) for Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle's real user monitoring and configuration management capabilities.
The features that were available in the standalone Application Management Pack and Application Change Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite are now packaged into the Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 4.0. The Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 4.0 is now fully certified with Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Grid Control.
This latest plug-in extends Grid Control with E-Business Suite specific management capabilities and features enhanced change management support. The Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in is released via patch 8333939
. For the AMP and ACMP 4.0 installation guide, see:
General AMP & ACMP improvements
Enhanced ACMP Capabilities
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Grid Control Support
Application Management Pack 4.0 and Application Change Management Pack 4.0 for Oracle E-Business Suite are certified with Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Grid Control Release 1 (18.104.22.168.0).
- Built-in Diagnostic Ability
Release 4.0 has numerous major enhancements that provide the necessary intelligence to determine if the product has been installed and configured correctly. There are diagnostics for Discovery, Cloning, and User Monitoring that will validate if the appropriate patches, privileges, setups, and profile options have been configured. This feature improves the setup and configuration process.
Customization ManagerCertified configurations
- Multi-Node Custom Application Registration:
This feature automates the process of registering and validating custom
products/applications on every node in a multi-node EBS system.
- Public/Private File Source Mappings and E-Business Suite Mappings:
File Source Mappings & E-Business Suite Mappings can be created and
marked as public or private. Only the creator/owner can define/edit
his/her own mappings. Users can use public Mappings, but cannot edit or
- Test Checkout Command for Versions: This feature allows you to test/verify checkout commands at the version level within the File Source Mapping page.
- Prerequisite Patch Validation: You can specify prerequisite patches for Customization packages and for Release 12 Oracle E-Business Suite packages.
- Destination Path Population: You can now automatically populate the Destination Path for common file types during package construction.
- OAF File Type Support:
Ability to package Oracle Application Framework (OAF) customizations
and deploy them across multiple Oracle E-Business Suite instances.
- Extended PLL Support:
Ability to distinguish between different types of PLLs (that is, Report
and Forms PLL files). Providing better granularity when managing PLL
- Enhanced Standards Checker: Provides greater
and more comprehensive list of coding standards that are verified during
the package build process (for example, File Driver exceptions, Java
checks, XML checks, SQL checks, etc.)
- HTML Package Readme: The package Readme is in HTML format and includes the file listing.
- Advanced Package Search Capabilities:
The ability to utilize more criteria within the advanced search package
(that is, Public, Last Updated by, Files Source Mapping, and E-Business
- Enhanced Package Build Notifications:
More detailed information on the results of a package build process.
Better, more detailed troubleshooting guidance in the event of build
- Staged Patches:
Ability to run Patch Manager with no external internet access. Customer
can download Oracle E-Business Suite patches into a shared location for
Patch Manager to access and apply. Supports highly secured production
environments that prohibit external internet connections.
- Support for Superseded Patches:
Automatic check for superseded patches. Allows users to easily add
superseded patches into the Patch Run. More comprehensive and correct
Patch Runs. Removes many manual and laborious tasks, frees up Apps DBAs
for higher value-added tasks.
- Automatic Primary Node Identification:
Users can now specify which is the "primary node" (that is, which node
hosts the Shared APPL_TOP) during the Patch Run interview process,
available for Release 12 only.
- Preview Extract Results:
Ability to execute an extract in "proof mode", and examine the query
results, to determine accuracy. Used in conjunction with the "where"
clause in Advanced Filtering. This feature can provide better and more
accurate fine tuning of extracts.
- Use Uploaded Extracts in New Projects:
Ability to incorporate uploaded extracts in new projects via new LOV
fields in package construction. Leverages the Setup Manager repository
to access extracts that have been uploaded. Allows customer to reuse
uploaded extracts to provision new instances.
- Re-use Existing Extracts in New Projects:
Ability to incorporate existing extracts in new projects via new LOV
fields in package construction. Leverages the Setup Manager repository
to access point-in-time extracts (snapshots) of configuration data.
Allows customer to reuse existing extracts to provision new instances.
Allows comparative historical reporting of identical APIs, executed at
- Support for BR100 formats: Setup Manager can now automatically produce reports in the BR100 format. Native support for industry standard formats.
- Concurrent Manager API Support:
General Foundation now provides an API for management of "Concurrent
Manager" configuration data. Ability to migrate Concurrent Managers from
one instance to another. Complete the setup once and never again; no
need to redefine the Concurrent Managers.
The following Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control releases, Oracle E-Business Suite releases, and platforms are supported:
Certifications still underway
- Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 4.0 requires Enterprise Manager 11g Grid Control Release 1 (22.214.171.124.0)
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- 11i: Release 11.5.10 CU2 with ATG_PF.H RUP6 or higher
- 12.0: Release 12.0.4 with R12.ATG_PF.A.delta.6
- 12.1: Release 12.1 with R12.ATG_PF.B.delta.3
- Certified Platforms and Releases
- Linux x86 (Oracle Linux 4, 5); (RHEL 4, 5); (SLES 10)
- Linux x86-64 (Oracle Linux 4, 5); (RHEL 4, 5); (SLES 10)
The following certifications are still in progress:
- Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit) (9, 10)
- HP-UX Itanium (11.23, 11.31)
- HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit) (11.23, 11.31)
- IBM AIX on Power Systems (64-bit) (5.3, 6.1)
Revenue Recognition rules prohibit us from discussing certification and
release dates, but you're welcome to monitor or subscribe to this blog
for updates, which I'll post as soon as soon as they're available.
Upgrades from AMP & ACMP 3
plug-in supersedes the Oracle Application Management Pack for Oracle
E-Business Suite 3.1. An upgrade path to 4.0 is provided from 3.1 only.
Therefore it is mandatory for the existing installations to be at the
Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite 3.1 level before
upgrading to 4.0.AMP & ACMP 4.0 run only with EM 11g, and vice versa
If you're running AMP or ACMP 3.1 on EM 10gR5 and upgrade to AMP/ACMP 4.0, you must upgrade to EM 11g.
If you're running AMP or ACMP 3.1 on EM 10gR5 and upgrade to EM 11g, you must upgrade to AMP or ACMP 4.0.Related Articles