By Steven Chan-EBS Development-Oracle on Feb 06, 2015
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 is now certified as a desktop client browser for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 220.127.116.11. This follows our previous certification of IE11 with EBS 12.1 and IE11 with EBS 12.0 and 12.2. The certified desktop operating systems are:
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Certified IE 11 Modes
Internet Explorer 11 can be used in "Desktop Mode" on Windows 8.1.
Running IE 11 from the "Modern" (Metro) Start Screen is not certified.
Due to display issues with certain FWK pages when using IE9 or IE10 we previously recommended running E-Business Suite using the browsers 'compatibility mode'. These display issues have now been fixed for IE11-- you can now access your E-Business Suite 18.104.22.168 environments without using 'compatibility mode' in IE 11.
IE 11 includes an "Enterprise Mode" which can be used to emulated
Internet Explorer 8 behaviour and provide compatibility with earlier
browser standards. You should not use "Enterprise Mode" with Oracle
E-Business Suite. EBS compatibility with IE 11 requires server-side
patches. Enabling "Enterprise Mode" in IE 11 is not needed and will not
resolve all compatibility issues.
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Versions 6, 7, and 8 are certified with EBS.
There appears to be some inaccurate information lying about on the web that claims that JRE 1.7 is not certified with the E-Business Suite.
This is incorrect. Our standard policy is that all E-Business Suite customers can apply all JRE updates to end-user desktops:
- From JRE 1.6.0_03 and later updates on
the JRE 6 codeline
- From JRE 1.7.0_10 and later updates on the JRE 7
- From JRE 1.8.0_25 and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline
You do not need to wait for a certification announcement before applying new JRE 1.6 or JRE 7 releases to your EBS users' desktops. We test all new JRE releases in parallel with the JRE development process, so all new JRE releases are considered certified with the E-Business Suite on the same day that they're released by our Java team.
You do not need to wait for a certification announcement before applying new JRE 6, 7, or 8 releases to your EBS users' desktops.
"JInitiator version too low" errors
Some non-Oracle staff are claiming that "JInitiator version too
low" errors confirm this incompatibility and lack of certification.
In fact, if you're getting a "JInitiator version too low" error, it means that you've missed applying the Forms patch required to enable JRE 1.7 compatibility. Simply apply that patch and your EBS environment is ready for JRE 1.7 clients.
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i (Note 285218.1)
- Upgrading Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) with Oracle Applications 11i for Windows Clients (Note 290807.1)
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Note 389422.1)
- Deploying Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) for Windows Clients in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Note 393931.1)
- Confused About E-Business Server vs. Desktop Operating System Certifications?
- Windows 7 64-bit Clients + 32-bit Browsers Certified with EBS 11i & 12
- Updated Tips for Debugging Sun JRE + Forms Focus Issues for EBS 11i and 12
- Resolving "JInitiator version too low" Errors in EBS Environments
- Internet Explorer 10 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Firefox ESR 31 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Internet Explorer 11 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.1
- Internet Explorer 11 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.2 and 12.0