By John Abraham-Oracle on Sep 14, 2015
Database migration across platforms of the same "endian" (byte ordering) formats using the Transportable Database (TDB) process is now certified for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 with Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1.0).
The "endian-ness" of platforms can be checked by querying the view V$TRANSPORTABLE_PLATFORM using SQL*Plus (connected as SYSDBA):
SQL> select platform_name, endian_format from v$transportable_platform;
The following is a list of relevant platforms certified for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (12.1) with Oracle Database 12c Release 1 on the database tier:
|Big Endian Platforms
|| Little Endian Platforms
| Oracle Solaris on SPARC
|| Linux x86-64
| HP-UX Itanium
|| Oracle Solaris on x86-64
| IBM AIX on Power Systems
|| Microsoft Windows x64*
| IBM: Linux on System z
* Microsoft Windows x64 is not yet certified and will be announced at a later date
Using Transportable Database is the fastest method for migration between platforms of the same endian format. A requirement of this migration process is that the source and target database versions must match (including patch set version), so database upgrades as part of the migration cannot be done.
For migration between platforms of different endian formats, users must use alternative migration methods such as export/import (datapump) or Transportable Tablespaces (TTS).
- Using Transportable Database to migrate Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0 and 12.1 Using Oracle Database 10g Release 2, 11g or 12c Release 1 Enterprise Edition (Note 734763.1)
- Database 188.8.131.52 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.1
- Database Migration Using 12cR1 Transportable Tablespaces Now Certified for EBS 12.1.3
- Transportable Database 11gR2 Certified with E-Business Suite 11i, 12.0, 12.1
- Transportable Database 12c Certified for EBS 12.2 Database Migration