By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Apr 22, 2015
Here are our latest upgrade recommendations for E-Business Suite updates and technology stack components. These quarterly recommendations are based upon the latest updates to Oracle's product strategies, latest support timelines, and newly-certified releases.
You can research these yourself using this Note:
Upgrade Recommendations for April 2015
- EBS 11i users should upgrade to 12.1.3 or 12.2. Before upgrading, 11i users should be on the minimum 11i patching baseline.
- EBS 12.0 users should upgrade to 12.1.3 or 12.2. Before upgrading, 12.0 users should be on the minimum 12.0 patching baseline.
- EBS 12.1 users should upgrade to 12.1.3 RPC3 or 12.2.
- EBS 12.2 users should upgrade to 12.2.4, the March 2015 AD/TXK tools, StartCD 49, and FMW 18.104.22.168.
- Users staying on EBS 11i and 12.1 should upgrade to Database 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199.
- Users upgrading to EBS 12.2 should upgrade to Database 188.8.131.52.
- EBS 11i and 12 users of Oracle Single Sign-On 10g users should migrate to OAM 11gR2 Patchset 2 184.108.40.206.0.
- Oracle Internet Directory 10g users should upgrade to Oracle Internet Directory 11g 220.127.116.11.
- Oracle Discoverer users should migrate to Oracle
Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Oracle Business
Intelligence Applications (OBIA), or Discoverer 11g 18.104.22.168.
- Oracle Portal 10g users should migrate to Oracle WebCenter 11g 22.214.171.124 or upgrade to Portal 11g 126.96.36.199.
- All Windows desktop users should migrate from JInitiator and older Java releases to JRE 1.6.0_95 or later 1.6 updates or JRE 1.7.0_79 or later 1.7 updates or JRE 1.8.0_45 or later 1.8 updates.
- All EBS 11i, 12.0, 12.1, and 12.2 users must sign their environment's JAR files now.
- All Firefox users should upgrade to Firefox Extended Support Release 31.
- All EBS 11i, 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 users should apply the April 2015 Critical Patch Update.
- Windows XP and Office 2003 users should upgrade to later versions.
- All EBS customers on Exalogic and Exadata should follow the latest recommendations.
- All EBS customers should switch from Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- On Database Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users
- On Apps Tier Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users
- EBS Support Information Center + Patching & Maintenance Advisor Available on My Oracle Support
- What's the Best Way to Patch an E-Business Suite Environment?
- Creating a Maintenance Strategy for Oracle E-Business Suite