By Prasad Akkiraju on May 13, 2008
I am very pleased to announce that Oracle Database Vault 10.2.0.3 is now certified with E-Business Suite Release 12 on Linux-x86 platforms. This certification provides an upgrade path for current Database Vault-enabled EBS 11i instances to R12.
What is Oracle Database Vault?
A key challenge for security administrators is protecting enterprise data from insider attacks. Oracle Database Vault
is an optional database feature that can help you defend against that class of threats, as well as build internal controls to help meet regulatory requirements for privacy and segregation of duties.
Oracle Database Vault can prevent highly privileged users, including powerful application DBAs and others, from accessing sensitive applications and data in Oracle databases outside their authorized responsibilities. You can use customizable Realms and rules to ensure that users, even administrators, have access only to what they need to do their job.
For more details about the prepackaged Realms we've created for E-Business Suite environments, see:
- Linux x86-32
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release Update Pack 12.0.4
- Oracle Database Vault 10.2.0.3
- Oracle Database Release 10gR2 (10.2.0.3)
- Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with Oracle Database Vault 10.2.0.3 (OracleMetalink Note 566841.1)
- Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Vault Administrator's Guide