By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Dec 04, 2015
Microsoft has published this reminder to all customers:
Beginning January 12, 2016, only the most current version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system will receive technical supports (sic) and security updates. Internet Explorer 11 is the last version of Internet Explorer, and will continue to receive security updates, compatibility fixes, and technical support on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
What does this mean for EBS users?
This notice applies to all Oracle E-Business Suite users. After January 12, 2016, Oracle will no longer certify older versions of IE with any updates to Oracle E-Business Suite, including EBS releases 11i, 12.0, 12.1, and 12.2.
All EBS customers must follow Microsoft's guidance and upgrade to IE 11. See:
What are the EBS support implications of staying on an older IE version?
You will continue to have access to existing EBS patches and documentation for older IE releases via My Oracle Support.
Oracle may attempt to assist with questions about older IE releases. Oracle's ability to assist may be limited by lack of access to desktops running those older releases.
Oracle will issue new patches only for issues that can be reproduced on IE 11.
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Note 389422.1)
- Deploying Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) for Windows Clients in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Note 393931.1)
- Internet Explorer 11 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.1
- Internet Explorer 11 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.2 and 12.0
- Internet Explorer 11 Certified with E-Business Suite 126.96.36.199
- Preventing "Java was blocked" IE Warnings with Oracle EBS