By Max Arderius-Oracle on Sep 02, 2010
The platform migration process provides a way to quickly and easily move an existing Oracle E-Business Suite application tier to a different platform, allowing you to utilize different hardware for the application tier.
The migration utility retains the exact Oracle E-Business Suite patch level, so that no APPL_TOP or database synchronization is necessary. This also allows you to retain many customizations.
The existing procedure available for 12.0 has been optimized and modified for all Release 12.x versions. You can find more details in the following document available in My Oracle Support:
Some additional considerations
migration methodology requires at least E-Business Suite version 12.0.4
for Release 12.0 and 12.1.1 (or higher) for Release 12.1.
- This methodology applies to the Application Tier (middle tier) only. The database tier is not covered by this process.
- Migration to Windows-based target servers is not supported at this time
- The platform migration procedure is not supported with Linux running on IBM System z (Source or Target) at this time.
We're extremely interested in hearing about your use cases and your experiences with these updated procedures. Please post a comment here or drop us a line with your thoughts.
- Application Tier Platform Migration with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1
- Changing Application Tier Platforms for E-Business Suite Release 12
- Migrating E-Business Suite Application Tier Servers to Linux
- A Primer on Migrating Oracle Applications to a New Platform