By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on May 04, 2012
I've previously published advice on the general priorities for applying EBS updates. But what are your top priorities for major upgrades to EBS and its technology stack components?
Here is a summary of our latest upgrade recommendations for
E-Business Suite updates and technology stack components. These quarterly recommendations are based upon the latest
updates to Oracle's product strategies, support deadlines, and
Upgrade Recommendations for May 2012
- EBS 11i users should upgrade to 12.1.3, or -- if staying on 11i -- should be on the minimum 11i patching baseline,
- EBS 12.0 users should upgrade to 12.1.3, or -- if staying on 12.0 -- should be on the minimum 12.0 patching baseline,
- EBS 12.1 users should upgrade to 12.1.3.
- Oracle Database 10gR2 and 11gR1 users should upgrade to 11gR2 184.108.40.206.
- EBS 12 users of Oracle Single Sign-On 10g users should migrate to Oracle Access Manager 11g 220.127.116.11.
- EBS 11i users of Oracle Single Sign-On 10g users should migrate to Oracle Access Manager 10g 10.1.4.3.
- Oracle Internet Directory 10g users should upgrade to Oracle Internet Directory 11g 18.104.22.168.
- Oracle Discoverer users should migrate to Oracle
Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Oracle Business
Intelligence Applications (OBIA), or Discoverer 11g 22.214.171.124.
- Oracle Portal 10g users should migrate to Oracle WebCenter 11g 126.96.36.199 or upgrade to Portal 11g 188.8.131.52.
- All Windows desktop users should migrate from JInitiator and older Java releases to JRE 1.6.0_32 or later 1.6 updates.
- All Firefox users should upgrade to Firefox Extended Support Release 10.
- Extended Support Fees Waived for E-Business Suite 11i and 12.0
- On Database Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users
- On Apps Tier Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users
- EBS Support Information Center + Patching & Maintenance Advisor Available on My Oracle Support
- What's the Best Way to Patch an E-Business Suite Environment?