Whither DST?

All right, so March 11th has come and gone, and we're now theoretically reaping enormous energy savings from the early onset of Daylight Saving Time this year (or" maybe not).  Things have abruptly gone silent from the field -- I haven't received a single DST-related email in a long time now.  Very disquieting.

I'm almost afraid to do this, but I feel compelled to ask:  How did your E-Business Suite DST upgrades and changeovers go?  If you opted not to do anything, how is that working out for you? 

Related


Comments:

We are running 11.5.9CU2 on 9i and we applied all the applicable patches. There were no issues after the cutover. Same can't be said for all our Outlook Calendars tho! :)

Posted by Dave on March 22, 2007 at 07:25 AM PDT #

We are running 11.5.10. We applied all the applicable patches and so far we have not seen any issues.

Posted by Pradosh Dessai on March 22, 2007 at 09:22 AM PDT #

We are running 11.5.10.2 on 10.2. We applied all the patches to O/S, DB and applications. No issues at all.

Posted by Rama Nalam on March 22, 2007 at 01:22 PM PDT #

We applied DST - issues since we applied them quite early. (11.5.10 CU2, 9i database).

Had to apply 5744443 and organize jinit 1.3.1.26 update after we had applied DST into production. Didn't catch the errors during testing.. Also those weren't on metalink when we upgraded :)

Posted by Simo on March 22, 2007 at 07:49 PM PDT #

Only 1 issue was noted that in the RDBMS home when you run opatch lsinventory the time stamp is off by 1 hour. Here is the scenario we applied some RDBMS patch for SMON bug on Mar 11 at 9 AM Eastern but when we run opatch lsinventory the output shows 8AM , a TAR has been opened but no satisfactory answer.
On the whole operationally did not hear of any issues , we did apply all the patches as suggested on metalink note ids.
Thanks

Posted by Nandita Saigal on March 23, 2007 at 12:39 AM PDT #

We're on 11.5.10.2 also, and so far, so good. For better or worse, we were able to use DST as an excuse to get the latest CPU [atches tested & applied as well.

Posted by Jim Cassella on March 23, 2007 at 01:21 AM PDT #

We are running 11.5.9. We only patched our OS. No issues.

Posted by Mike on March 23, 2007 at 01:29 AM PDT #

We're @ 11.5.10.2 & 9i on AIX, and also applied all available patches. No issues.

Posted by Les on March 23, 2007 at 01:35 AM PDT #

We are on 11.5.10.2 and 9.2.0.6
Just few patches... The documentation that made me running in circle and all
the "big deal" about DST was worse than the applying the patches.
There were just too many documents that just talked about so many stuff. It
was information overload. It would been an easiser if there was clear chart
showing which patch list for certain db and apps versions. There was absolutely no need for all the documents on metalink. Over all, actual patching time took about less than one hour.

Posted by Paul S. on March 23, 2007 at 02:46 AM PDT #

We are running 11.5.10.2 with 10.2.0.2 DB, we have applied all the patches. So far so good.

Posted by Tianhua Wu on March 23, 2007 at 03:30 AM PDT #

We had no issues with our Main 11.5.10.2 systems on 9.2.0.7 after applying V4 of the patches, so I'm happy there.

Of course, I haven't messed with our email server, ilearning or wireless stuff which all got different answers on whether or not it needed to be updated when I opened TARs / asked questions. So I figured I'd just fix whatever was broken if/when the users noticed.

For absolutely critical systems (aka, DB, Apps) Oracle did fine. For secondary systems, Oracle dropped the ball. Luckily, these products don't seem to be impacted.

As much as I've given flack to you in this blog, I do want to take this opportunity to thank you for it. It has become a very important (if unofficial) resource to keep me from getting blindsided.

Posted by jay Weinshenker on March 23, 2007 at 03:53 AM PDT #

We followed the directions and applied the patches laid out by Oracle for 11.5.10.2. So far, it's been as smooth as silk.

Posted by Floyd Teter on March 24, 2007 at 01:55 PM PDT #

The DST patching process was brutal. I learned a lot about patching that isn't covered in the official
course. Like Y2k, the DST patching requirements forced my management to allocate resources to figure out
what we had installed and how it worked. After I did the DST patching for our 11i environments, I was then
assigned to DST patch our Discoverer/Oracle App Server environments. We had been provided with absolutely
no info on how the Disco environments had been installed/configured. The DST patching requirement forced my
organization to put in the time to figure this out. After DST patching of the Disco environments I know
how they work.
Since March 11 we haven't seen any issue. The only time I notice the DST issue is when I get emails from
users that are a hour off, but that only happened for the last 3 weeks, and I expect I'll see it again
in the fall, for 3 weeks.
brh

Posted by Brian Hitchcock on April 04, 2007 at 05:49 AM PDT #

Post a Comment:
  • HTML Syntax: NOT allowed
About

Search

Categories
Archives
« April 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today