WebCenter 10g 10.1.3.3 Certified with E-Business Suite Release 12
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on May 15, 2008
My colleagues over at the Fusion Middleware Best Practices Center recently posted a Developer Preview of an Oracle By Example tutorial for using WebCenter 10g with the E-Business Suite; this was a subset of our unpublished official documentation. The preview period is over at last: I'm pleased to announce that WebCenter 10g 10.1.3.3 is now officially certified and supported for use with E-Business Suite Release 12.
Integrating Standalone Websites With Apps 12
Oracle WebCenter is a suite of development tools that can be used to build web-based applications using the latest technologies such as SOA, JSR-168, and WSRP. The Oracle WebCenter Framework allows you integrate the following E-Business Suite Release 12 portlets into a custom web-based application:
- Applications Navigator (menu of E-Business Suite functions)
- Applications Worklist (showing Workflow notifications)
- Applications Favorites (for bookmarking specific Apps functions)
What's Notable About This Certification?
This certification is a bit of a departure from our usual technology stack certifications for the E-Business Suite. Our typical certification involves, say, upgrading your E-Business Suite environment to the latest new database, or integrating it with an external component like Single Sign-On.
This new certification documents a step-by-step process for building and deploying a WebCenter application using the Oracle Applications Framework WSRP producer. You can build an Applications Development Framework (ADF) application in the Oracle JDeveloper integrated development environment and deploy the application to your end-users via Oracle WebCenter.
Our newly-documented procedure supports E-Business Suite environments that have been integrated with Oracle Single Sign-On (SSO), as well as steps for E-Business Suite configuration and the migration of Oracle Internet Directory (OID) policies. It also includes detailed steps for deploying the ADF application to a WebCenter OC4J instance and running the application there.
For full details, see:
- Oracle WebCenter 10g Application Creation and Deployment Guide for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Metalink Note 557221.1)
- Linux x86-32
- Linux x86-64
- Sun Solaris SPARC
- HP-UX PA-RISC
- HP-UX Itanium
- IBM AIX
- Microsoft Windows 2003
- E-Business Suite + Fusion Middleware Best Practices Center Launched
- Single Sign-On 10g 10.1.4.2 Certified with Release 12
- Apps Release 12.0.4 Rapid Install Now Available
- Portal 10g (10.1.4.1) Certified with Apps 11i & 12