Using Forms + Reports 10g Builders with Release 12
By Steven Chan (Oracle Development) on Sep 04, 2007
[Oct 19, 2007 Update: A bug prevented the execution of any Oracle Reports on 10.1.2.2 on the IBM AIX platform. Patch 6341158 has been released to resolve this issue]
Good things always seem to happen while I'm out of the office. This may be a good incentive for me to spend more time on vacation (even though my groaning inbox begs to differ).
While I was out, a new Note was published externally:
- Using the OracleAS 10.1.2 Forms and Reports Builders with Oracle Applications Release 12 (Metalink Note 444248.1)
- Upgrading Forms and Reports 10g in Oracle Applications Release 12 (Metalink Note 437878.1)
We now have a complementary set of documents. Once you've upgraded your E-Business Suite Release 12 environment with the latest version of Forms & Reports 10g using Note 437878.1, you can configure your development environment using the guidelines and procedures in the newly-published Note 444248.1.
The latter Note is full of tips on:
- Running the Forms 10g Builder
- Running the Reports 10g Builder
- Setting up an R12 environment with a separated Developer Suite 10.1.2 instance
- Compiling forms and reports