Update: Using EBS 12 Portlets in Third-Party Portals
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Jan 15, 2009
I've been puzzled by a resurgence in questions about the compatibility of E-Business Suite Release 12 portlets with third-party portals. I thought that I'd already covered this FAQ a few times on this blog, but searching through our archives, I see that I haven't revisited this topic formally since R12 was released. It's time for a quick refresher and update on what's supported in this release.
Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 includes two sets of portlets. The first can only be used with Oracle Portal. A subset of those portlets are also JSR-168/WSRP 1.0-compatible and can be used in any third-party portal that complies with those standards.
The Release 12 JSR-168/WSRP 1.0-compatible portlets are:
- Applications Navigator: shows EBS menus based on a user's assigned responsibilities
- Applications Worklist: shows Oracle Workflow Notifications
- Applications Favorites: Allows users to bookmark menu items for frequently-used EBS functions
Sneak Preview: EBS R12 Portlet Generator
The set of prebuilt portlets is relatively small, but there's an interesting new utility on the horizon. Ramkumar Sekar, a manager in our Applications Technology Group, gave a sneak preview of an upcoming tool that will help you create your own custom EBS portlets based on regions from selected OA Framework pages. For pointers to that presentation and more details about this tool, see:
- Sneak Preview: Portlet Generator and Business Service Object Generator for EBS (OpenWorld 2008 Recap)
These tools haven't been released yet, and as usual, I don't have a firm schedule that. Nonetheless, this session is worth checking out if you're interested in seeing what's to come in the near future.
- OracleAS 10.1.2.3 Certified With EBS 12
- WebCenter 10g 10.1.3.3 Certified with E-Business Suite Release 12
- Integration Simplified: Native Service-Oriented Architecture in Oracle E-Business Suite (OpenWorld 2008 Recap)
- Java Authentication + Authorization Services (JAAS) for E-Business Suite (OpenWorld 2008 Recap)