Update #1: Database 11g Certification with the E-Business Suite
By Steven Chan (Oracle Development) on Nov 28, 2007
Our Certification Plans for DB 11g
Our Database 11g certification with the E-Business Suite is expected to proceed in two phases:
- Phase 1: Certification of upgrade from previous Apps databases to DB 11g
This phase will test compatibility of Database 11g with E-Business Suite Release 11i and 12 as an upgrade from existing supported database releases such as DB 10gR2. It is likely that we will release the Apps 11i certification, followed later by the Apps 12 certification.
We will also investigate the feasibility of including the 11g Database in a future Release 12 Rapid Install.
- Phase 2: Certification of specific DB 11g options with Apps
This phase will test the compatibility of Apps 11i and 12 with selected Database 11g-specific options such as Active Data Guard, Total Recall, Advanced Compression, Real Application Testing, and others.
We're in the Phase 1 today -- certifying the upgrade to Database 11g -- for Release 11i. This certification is underway right now.
Our Release 11i certification tests include automated regression testing, product team testing of cross-product Apps business flows, performance, and scalability. These tests are going well. We've identified some issues that will require an interoperability patch or two on both the Apps 11i side as well as on the database side. We're triaging those issues right now.
Our Release 12 testing environments are just being scaled up now. R12 testing will proceed in earnest as soon as we get over the hump of the Release 11i testing.
What You Can Do Today
There are several things that you can start on right now to prepare for this upgrade:
- If you're on Release 11i, ensure that you've applied the latest 11.5.10 Consolidated Update 2 (11.5.10.CU2) at minimum. Release 12 prerequisites are still being worked out.
- Ensure that you've upgraded your Apps environment to the latest certified 10gR2 Database level.
- 10gR2 10.2.0.3 Database Certified for Release 12
- 10.2.0.3 Database Certified with Apps 11i
- Oracle Applications Release 188.8.131.52 Maintenance Pack Installation Instructions (Metalink Note 316365.1)
- Oracle 9iR2 DB Waiver of First Year Extended Support Fees
- Which Are Better: Family Packs or Consolidated Updates?