Sun JRE 1.6.0_25 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
By Steven Chan-EBS Development-Oracle on May 27, 2011
The mismanaged session cookie issue (now fixed) may have made you a little nervous about automatically applying new JRE updates. To reassure you on that front:
- Sun Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0_25 (a.k.a. JRE 6u25, 1.6.0_25-b06) is certified with E-Business Suite Release 11i and 12.
- JRE 1.6.0_25 contains the fixes for the mismanaged session cookie issue that were originally released as part of JRE 1.6.0_23 and JRE 1.6.0_24.
Our standard policy is that all E-Business Suite customers can apply all JRE updates to end-user desktops from JRE 1.6.0_03 and higher. We test all new JRE releases in parallel with the JRE development process, so all JRE releases are considered certified with the E-Business Suite on the same day that they're released by our Java team.
In other words, you do not need to wait for a certification announcement before applying new JRE releases to your EBS users' desktops. If you wish, your desktop administrators can enable the Java "Automatic updates" option on your end-users' desktops.
What's new in Java 1.6.0_25?
See the 1.6.0_25 Update Release Notes for details about what has changed in this release. This release is available for download from the usual Sun channels and through the 'Java Automatic Update' mechanism.
This JRE release has been certified with both Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i and 12. We recommend this release for all E-Business Suite users.
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle Applications 11i (Metalink Note 285218.1)
- Upgrading Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) with Oracle Applications 11i for Windows Clients (Metalink Note 290807.1)
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle Applications 12 (MetaLink Note 389422.1)
- Upgrading JRE Plugin with Oracle Applications R12 (MetaLink Note 393931.1)
- Mismanaged Session Cookie Issue Fixed for EBS in JRE 1.6.0_23
- Roundup: Oracle JInitiator 1.3 Desupported for EBS Customers in July 2009