Safari 2.0 and Mac OS X v10.4 with Release 11i
By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Aug 18, 2006
Apple released OS X v10.4.7 ("Tiger") at the end of June 2006. This release is now certified as a desktop client for the E-Business Suite on Intel and PowerPC platforms.
This OS X v10.4.7 certification includes Safari 2.0.4 and Java 5 plug-in (version 1.5.0_06), as well.
Mandatory prerequisites for this certification include:
- 11.5.9 Consolidated Update #2 or 22.214.171.124
- Applications Technology Group Family Pack H Rollup 4 (11i.ATG_PF.H RUP 4, Patch 4676589)
- Forms Patchset 17 with April 2006 CPU
On a side note, as a longtime PC user with Mac-envy, I'm looking forward to the day when I have a business reason to participate in the certification efforts for these configurations.
- Oracle Applications Release Notes Release 11i (11.5.9 CU2 and higher) for Apple Macintosh OS X v10.4 (Metalink Note 387180.1)
- Latest E-Business Suite Technology Stack (ATG RUP 4) Now Available