Critical Rollup Update for E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway Release 12.1.1
By Rekha Ayothi-Oracle on Sep 02, 2009
Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway (ISG) was
released with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1. It allows Oracle E-Business Suite public integration
interfaces to be exposed as standard web services. It allows
integration between heterogeneous applications and allows you to deploy web services for consumption via
standard web service clients.
Why is this Rollup Update Important?
This Rollup Update fixes outstanding bugs in ISG R12.1.1 and introduces key changes in SOAHeader elements. SOAHeader elements are SOAP Header elements defined by Integrated SOA Gateway for Web services through SOA Provider. It is used for setting appropriate application context for executing PL/SQL APIs in Oracle E-Business Suite.
Oracle highly recommends that all customers who have installed the Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway Release 12.1.1 upgrade to this one-off patch as soon as possibleKey Enhancements and Fixes in Rollup Update
One of the key changes with this release is change in SOAHeader elements in SOAP Requests for PL/SQL and Concurrent Program services. There are changes in element names and expected values in SOAHeader. Now instead of language dependent names, language independent key values should be sent in SOAP Request. Other key enhancements & fixes include:
- Support for SSL-based Web Service Invocation Over HTTPS
Service Invocation Framework now supports SSL-based Web service invocation using Server Authentication method.
- Web Service NLS Compliance
In ISG R12.1.1, although we had the NLSLanguage element in SOAHeader, it was not used. Now, ISG supports Web service NLS compliance and it can consume SOAP requests in the language specified in the SOAHeader.
- Security Grant on Overloaded Functions
Each of the overloaded function in a package can now be uniquely granted to a specific user, user group, or all users.
- Standalone script to generate services for IREP interfaces
Some interfaces take long time to generate WSDL, and the Integration Repository UI may time out. Now, there's a standalone script to generate Web service artifacts.
- Check to restrict simultaneous 'Generate Service' requests
Multiple requests to generate Web service for an integration interface are now restricted.
For more information on mandatory consolidated one-off release, see:
- Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway 12.1.1 Consolidated One-Off Readme. Updated versions of Integrated SOA Gateway User Guide, Developer Guide and Implementation Guides are attached in this Readme note (Note 815196.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway Release Notes, Release 12.1.1 (Note 565922.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway Troubleshooting Guide, Release 12 (Updated for one-off) (Note 726414.1)
- Installing Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated SOA Gateway, Release 12 (Updated for one-off) (Note 556540.1)
- Integration Simplified: Native Service-Oriented Architecture in Oracle E-Business Suite (OpenWorld 2008 Recap)
- Java Authentication + Authorization Services (JAAS) for E-Business Suite (OpenWorld 2008 Recap)
- WebCenter 10g 10.1.3.4 Certified with E-Business Suite Release 12
- Sneak Preview: Integrating EBS with Desktop Apps via Web ADI Development Framework