Reminder: Database 184.108.40.206 Premier Support ends August 2012
By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Jul 22, 2011
It's deja vu all over again. Since I covered the Error Correction Support (ECS) dates for the 11gR2 Database a few days ago, it's also worth reminding you of an important support milestone for the 11gR2 Database codeline.
Premier Support for Oracle Database 11gR1 (11.1) ends on August 31, 2012. Extended Support for 11.1 continues to the end of August 2015. These support timelines are covered in the Lifetime Support Policy for Oracle Technology Products.
The 220.127.116.11 patchset is the terminal patchset for the 11gR1 database codeline. If you're still on the 18.104.22.168 patchset, you should note that Error Correction Support for that ended on September 18, 2009, as detailed here:
- Release Schedule of Current Database Releases (Note 742060.1)
If you're not already on 22.214.171.124, we recommend that all Apps customers make plans for a database upgrade soon.
No support exceptions for EBS users
Remember that all Oracle Database support timelines apply to E-Business Suite environments. There are no special support exemptions for EBS environments. For an in-depth discussion about how database support timelines affect EBS customers, see:
- Reminder: Database 126.96.36.199 Error Correction Support ends Sept. 2011
- 11gR2 188.8.131.52 Database Certified with E-Business Suite
- Can E-Business Users Apply Database Patch Set Updates?
- On Apps Tier Patching and Support: A Primer for E-Business Suite Users