Sneak Preview: Integrating EBS with Desktop Apps via Web ADI Development Framework
By Rekha Ayothi-Oracle on Jun 08, 2009
Web Applications Desktop Integration (Web ADI) is an enterprise framework for integrating the Oracle E-Business Suite with desktop applications. It's a Self-Service Oracle Application that lets you download and upload selected data between EBS products and Microsoft Excel. It allows you to modify bulk data in Microsoft Excel, working either online or offline, and upload the modified data using Web ADI. It also allows you to generate Microsoft Word documents for mail merges.
What's Coming for Web ADI?
Are you interested in integrating EBS application with desktop application using Oracle’s Web ADI framework? Are you interested in creating custom Web ADI integrators with the ability to define validations, lookups, and business rules? Well, you're in the right place! The Oracle Applications Technology Group is working on providing a new development framework to create and manage custom desktop integrators.
We're building out this upcoming framework to provide rich functionality to:
- Security rules
- One or more interfaces to import data-to EBS
- One or more contents to extract data-from
- Validation rules – flex fields, description flex fields, SQL-based lookup
- Business rules to import data to EBS
- Create integrators
- Edit and delete custom integrators
- View Oracle-seeded and custom integrator definitions
Define and Manage UI components and lookup screens
Let Us Know About Your Integration Requirements
We're very interested in hearing about your requirements for integrating the E-Business Suite with your desktop applications. If you're using Oracle Web ADI or have a requirement to create custom integrators, please email the following questionnaire to:
For Oracle-seeded Web ADI Integrators:
- Does your company use Oracle Web ADI?
- What is your current version of Oracle Applications? (11i RUP __ / R12 RUP __ )
For Custom Integrators:
- What requirements do you have for developing custom integrators?
- How are you creating custom integrators? (In-house development / Vendor Product _<name>_)
- Are you interested in participating in an Early Adopter Program for the Web ADI Development Framework?
Your Contact Details
- Company Name:
- Contact Person:
- Contact Number:
- Contact E-mail address: