OracleAS 10.1.3.4 Certified with E-Business Suite Release 12
By Steven Chan (Oracle Development) on Dec 29, 2008
[Update Jan 13, 2009: HP-UX Itanium is now certified with this configuration]
Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0 originally shipped with OracleAS 10.1.3 Oracle Containers for J2EE (OC4J) for running its Java-based content. Regular readers of this blog know that we certified OracleAS 10.1.3.3 with Apps 12 at the start of this year.
In a fitting end to the year, we've now certified Oracle Application Server 10g 10.1.3.4 OC4J with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12. You can upgrade to OracleAS 10.1.3.4 OC4J directly from OracleAS 10.1.3 or 10.1.3.3. This certification allows you to upgrade the OC4J components in your R12 techstack to get take advantage of the latest performance and stability improvements in this incremental patchset. To make sure that there's no misunderstanding about what can be upgraded, the full name of this patchset is:
It's important to note that either OracleAS 10.1.3.3 or 10.1.3.4 are mandatory prerequisites if you plan to upgrade your Release 12 application tier to the latest certified version of Java 6.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0.3 (Release Update Pack 3) or higher
- Linux x86-32 (OEL 4,5; RHEL 3,4,5; SLES 9,10)
- Linux x86-64 (OEL 4,5; RHEL 4,5; SLES 9,10)
- Sun Solaris SPARC (8, 9, 10)
- HP-UX PA-RISC (11.11, 11.23, 11.31)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
We're still working on our certifications for IBM AIX and HP-UX Itanium. I don't have firm schedules for these platform certifications yet, but you're welcome to monitor or subscribe to this blog for updates.
- Upgrading Oracle 10gAS Patch Set 10.1.3.4 in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Metalink Note 454811.1)