OracleAS 10.1.3.4 Certified on IBM AIX for EBS 12
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Mar 16, 2009
We're continuing to fill in the platform gaps for some of our recent techstack certifications. We certified Oracle Application Server 10g 10.1.3.4 with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 in December, 2008. The two exceptions to that certification at the time were for the IBM AIX and HP-UX Itanium operating system platforms.
HP-UX Itanium was later certified in January 2009, and now we're crossing the IBM AIX bridge. IBM AIX customers running Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 may now upgrade to OracleAS 10.1.3.4 OC4J directly from OracleAS 10.1.3 or 10.1.3.3. This certification allows you to upgrade the internal OC4J components in the R12 techstack to take advantage of the latest performance and stability improvements in this incremental patchset. To make sure that there's no misunderstanding about what can be upgraded, the full name of this patchset is:
It's important to note that either OracleAS 10.1.3.3 or 10.1.3.4 are mandatory prerequisites if you plan to upgrade your Release 12 application tier to the latest certified version of Java 6.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0.3 (Release Update Pack 3) or higher
- Linux x86-32 (OEL 4,5; RHEL 3,4,5; SLES 9,10)
- Linux x86-64 (OEL 4,5; RHEL 4,5; SLES 9,10)
- Sun Solaris SPARC (8, 9, 10)
- HP-UX PA-RISC (11.11, 11.23, 11.31)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- HP-UX Itanium (11.23, 11.31)
- IBM AIX (5.2, 5.3, 6.1)
- Upgrading Oracle 10gAS Patch Set 10.1.3.4 in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Metalink Note 454811.1)