OracleAS 10.1.3.4 Certified on HP-UX Itanium for EBS 12
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Jan 13, 2009
Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 runs OracleAS 10.1.2 for Forms-based content and OracleAS 10.1.3 (OC4J) for Java-based content. Each of these two components can be upgraded separately, so each has its own independent certification cycle. Just before New Years, we certified Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with Oracle Application Server 10g 10.1.3.4 for a subset of our supported operating system platforms.
I'm pleased to let you know that HP-UX Itanium has been added to the list of supported platforms for OracleAS 10.1.3.4 (OC4J). You can upgrade to OracleAS 10.1.3.4 OC4J directly from OracleAS 10.1.3 or 10.1.3.3. This certification allows you to upgrade the OC4J components in your R12 techstack to get take advantage of the latest performance and stability improvements in this incremental patchset. To make sure that there's no misunderstanding about what can be upgraded, the full name of this patchset is:
It's important to note that either OracleAS 10.1.3.3 or 10.1.3.4 are mandatory prerequisites if you plan to upgrade your Release 12 application tier to the latest certified version of Java 6.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0.3 (Release Update Pack 3) or higher
- HP-UX Itanium (11.23, 11.31)
- Linux x86-32 (OEL 4,5; RHEL 3,4,5; SLES 9,10)
- Linux x86-64 (OEL 4,5; RHEL 4,5; SLES 9,10)
- Sun Solaris SPARC (8, 9, 10)
- HP-UX PA-RISC (11.11, 11.23, 11.31)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
We're still working on our certifications for IBM AIX. I don't have firm schedules for that platform certification yet, but you're welcome to monitor or subscribe to this blog for updates.
- Upgrading Oracle 10gAS Patch Set 10.1.3.4 in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Metalink Note 454811.1)