Oracle 9iR2 DB Waiver of First Year Extended Support Fees
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Mar 23, 2007
I attempted to clarify some of the implications of this year's upcoming change in support status for the 9iR2 database for E-Business Suite customers in a previous article:
Things have changed since that article was published. If you're still on the 9iR2 database, there's been an important new development that you should know about: fees for the first year of extended support for 9iR2 have been waived. Here are the key points excerpted from Metalink's March 20 announcement about this news:
Oracle9i Database Release 9.2 Extended Support details:
- Extended Support fee waived for period August 1, 2007 to July 31, 2008.
- Access to Fixes and Critical Patch Updates (CPUs) during the first year of Extended Support at no additional cost.
- Patch set 188.8.131.52 will be the last patch set available for Oracle9i Database Release 9.2.
- Effective August 1, 2007 all CPUs and Fixes will be created against the 184.108.40.206 code line.
Implications for E-Business Suite Customers
This means that 11.5.9 and 11.5.10 customers can continue to run on the 9iR2 database until July 31, 2008 without paying Extended Support fees. You'll continue to get new 9iR2 database patches for your E-Business Suite environment during that time.
Note that we're nearing the end of the line for this database version. 220.127.116.11 is expected to be a terminal release. Therefore, you'll be well-served to use this extra time to plan your upgrade to 10gR2 as soon as possible.
- Oracle9i Database Release 9.2 Waiver of First Year Extended Support FAQ (OTN)
- 10gR2 Database Certified with the E-Business Suite
- 18.104.22.168 Database Certified with Release 11i
- Applications Unlimited