OLAP + Data Mining Prerequisites for Apps + 10.2.0.3 DB Upgrades
By Steven Chan - EBS-Oracle on Jun 06, 2008
There are a variety of reasons to upgrade your E-Business Suite Release 11i environment to the 10.2.0.3 database. You might be upgrading because Premier Support for the 9iR2 database ended in July 2007. You might be upgrading in preparation for your move to E-Business Suite Release 12.
Regardless of your motivation for doing so, you will have noticed that this upgrade requires two database options: Oracle Data Mining and OLAP. These prerequisites are required even if you do not use any Applications products that depend on these options. Some questions have been raised about whether these prerequisites trigger additional licencing fees for customers in that situation.
Don't Worry, Be Happy
We've just clarified our documentation to reassure you that restricted use licences for these products are included with the Oracle Database Enterprise Edition for the purposes of upgrading an E-Business Suite database. In other words, if you don't already have OLAP or Oracle Data Mining installed, you don't have to purchase additional licences for these database options just to perform an upgrade.
We've just published clarifications about these restricted use licences in the following documents:
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i with Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0) (Metalink Note 362203.1)
- Oracle 10gR2 Database Preparation Guidelines for an Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0.4 Upgrade (Metalink Note 403339.1)
- Oracle 10gR2 (10.2.0.3) Database Preparation Guidelines for an Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0 Upgrade (Metalink Note 552973.1)
- 10gR2 10.2.0.3 Database Certified for Release 12
- 10.2.0.3 Database Certified with Apps 11i
- Oracle 9iR2 DB Waiver of First Year Extended Support Fees