New Whitepaper: Defining Web Applications Desktop Integrators That Return Error Messages
By Rekha Ayothi-Oracle on Jul 18, 2012
I am pleased to announce the release of a new white paper that provides a step-by-step tutorial on how to use the Desktop Integration Framework to define a Microsoft Excel-based integrator. The example in the tutorial shows how to define an importer that returns error messages for any spreadsheet rows that failed to import into an E-Business Suite database. It describes the steps in 3 phases:
- Preparing that database and application objects
This phase provides the sample code to create a custom table and PL/SQL package which will be used for importing the data from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet into an E-Business Suite table. It also describes the steps to create an FND Lookup code and its value, which will be used to map error codes and their corresponding messages.
- Phase A: Defining an integrator that downloads and uploads data
This phase provides the steps to create a basic integrator using the Web ADI Desktop Integration Framework. It describes the steps to define the integrator's Interface, Content, Uploader, Layout, and Mapping.
- Phase B: Defining an integrator importer that returns error messages
This phase provides the steps to define importer. It extends the integrator definition to process the data uploaded in the interface table and return error messages back to the desktop document for any rows that failed to import.
The intended audience of this document is custom desktop integrator developers who are familiar with Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator.
We are very interested in hearing about your experiences with this new tool. Please post your comments here or drop me an email at
Download the new whitepaper
The white paper is available in two places -- Oracle Learning Library (OLL) and My Oracle Support:
- How to Define an Importer Returning Error Messages to the Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator Document (Oracle Learning Library)
- How to Define an Importer Returning Error Messages to the Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator Document (My Oracle Support Note 1475566.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Applications Technology Readme, Release 12.1.2 (Note 845809.1)
- Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator Release Notes, Release 12.1.2 (Note 950876.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite Desktop Integration Framework Developer's Guide, Release 12.1 (Note 979354.1)
- Update for Web Applications Desktop Integrator 12.1.3 Now Available
- Build Custom Web ADI Integrators with EBS 12.1.2 Desktop Integration Framework