New Rapid Install StartCD (220.127.116.11) for Release 12 Now Available
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Sep 19, 2007
[Oct 8, 2007 Update: Some bug numbers got scrambled in translation. Replaced references to bug 5956908 with 6202335; 6044912 with 956908; 6202335 with 6044912.]
How fast they grow up. It seems like just yesterday that a new StartCD was released for E-Business Suite Release 12. Here's another one.
A new Rapid Install startCD for E-Business Suite Release 12 is now available for download from Metalink:
- Rapid Install StartCD 18.104.22.168 (Patch 5972626)
This new Rapid Install startCD (Version 22.214.171.124) fixes almost two dozen installation-related issues for Release 12. It includes all of the fixes from previously released StartCD updates, too.
the only startCD version supported at this point. If you report problems with prior R12 startCDs, it's likely that you'll be asked to apply this version before advanced debugging can proceed.
This new startCD has five high-priority fixes:
- 5731721 - EXTRA BACKSLASHES INSERTED INTO SYSTEM PATH DURING INSTALL
This issue prevented the application of Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) patches to the ORACLE_HOMEs. Installations performed with startCD 126.96.36.199 that already faced this problem can be fixed with emergency patch 6080584.
- 5747646 - RAPIDWIZ: DEPENDENCIES BETWEEN SERVICES FOR MULTI-NODE
Added a dependency on the Service Activation screen. In the past, users required Root privileges to activate web-related services. In this release, users selected web-related services will automatically activate the Web Entry Point, Root, and Web Services.
- 6202335 - ORAPARAM.INI FOR HP IA64 FROM IAS NEED TO BE INCLUDED ON STARTCD
Additional Oracle Universal Installer files added for HP Itanium platforms.
- 5956908 - R12 HARD CODED VALUES FOR APPS AND APPLSYS CREATED DURING UPGRADE
Additional enhancements the upgrade scripts to accommodate customers who don't use the default APPS and APPLSYS user names.
- 6044912 - RAPID INSTALL DOESN'T USE DB TIER DOMAIN INSTEAD USES APPS TIER'S
In multi-domain environments (e.g. environments with both ".us.oracle.com" and ".ar.oracle.com"), the Apps node was incorrectly setting some context variables (e.g. "s_dbdomain") with the incorrect local domain.
- 5717282 - WORLD WRITABLE FILES LEFT BY RAPID INSTALL
- 5754355 - ADD A NOTE FOR "DEVELOPER 10G 10.1.2" IN THE INITIAL SCREEN
- 5852355 - 'S_ENV_LANGS' CONTAINS EXTRA '}'
- 5895353 - R12 MIXED NODE INSTALL FAILS WITH WINDOWS AND LINUX
- 5908343 - ADCROBJ.CMD FAILS WITH SP2-0640: NOT CONNECTED
- 5978329 - RAPID INSTALL POST CHECKS FAIL IN WINDOWS WITH STARTCD 188.8.131.52
- 5960709 - MULTI-TIER INSTALL FAILS WITH RW-00003 ON APPS NODE
- 6042240 - ADCROBJ.CMD NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED ON THE STARTCD
- 6039806 - ADRUNAT.SH NEEDS TO COPY ADXMLCTX.TMP AND ADCTXINF.TMP TO S_ADTOP/ADMIN/TEMPLATE
- 6080584 - FIX FOR EXISTING ENVIRONMENTS THAT FACED EXTRA BACKSLASHES ON SYSTEM PATH
- 6217217 - STARTCD 184.108.40.206 FAILS ON POST INSTALL CHECKS
- 6164353 - RAPIDWIZ PICKS UP WRONG O/S PLATFORM IN HP-UX ITANIUM SERVER
- 6080494 - RAPIDINSTALL FIXES FOR WINDOWS
- 6039796 - COPY FILES TO APPL_TOP FROM STARTCD
- 6204852 - COULD NOT FIND UNZIP ON HP-UX ITANIUM
- 6325880 - UPGRADE: CONFIGURE UPGRADED INSTANCE SHOWS UNCLEAR CONTEXT FILE
- 6325973 - RAPIDWIZ SHOWS INCORRECT ORACLE_HOMES ON THE DOINSTALLPANEL
- 6377963 - RAPIDWIZ -TECHSTACK DOESN'T LAY DOWN THE TECHSTACK
- Getting Started with the Release 12 Technology Stack
- New Rapid Install StartCD (220.127.116.11) for Release 12