New AutoConfig Rollup Patch Q Now Available
By Steven Chan-Development-Oracle on Aug 07, 2007
The latest AutoConfig Rollup Patch Q (Patch 5985992) is now released and is generally available for download from Oracle Metalink.
The official name for this patch is:
- TXK AutoConfig Rollup Patch Q (Jul/Aug 2007, Patch 5985992)
This Rollup includes a large number of enhancements and fixes, including the following:
- A new s_startServers context variable, used to customize the number of child processes created by Oracle HTTP Server on startup
- Apache access_log now logs the amount of time taken by Oracle HTTP Server to serve
- Enhancement allowing the use of the JConsole tool to locally monitor Apps 11i JVMs. This feature is backported from Release 12. You can find out more on enabling remote monitoring in this blog article.
- Enhancements to the URL Firewall to allow iPayment servlet access for customers deploying the Oracle Lease Management (OKL) product as an external application.
- Context file customizations from Oracle Application Manager (OAM) are now reported by the adchkcfg utility
- Fixes for the Inventory Utility Report
- TXK Pre-patch Check Utility reports all database nodes in RAC setups
- During the execution of AutoConfig, the log file path will be printed at the beginning instead the end of the AutoConfig run.
- Enabled context variable s_discostatus on Windows
- Unset the environment variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL for SLES10 or higher
- Enabled adbldxml.pl to run on Solaris SPARC 64bit.
- Enhancement to log files (stderr and stdout) to include JVM startup timestamps
- Several changes to improve autoconfig performance
- Corrected the issue of having to disable Discoverer 4i each time AutoConfig was run on Windows. Now the default setting for Discoverer 4i is set to disable.
- Removed unwanted parameters from init.ora template to enhance performance of Release 11i with the 10gR2 database
- Fixed bug in Autoconfig to run the job afcpgsm without errors.
- Enabled AutoConfig to run in parallel on multiple middle tiers with Jserv load balancing enabled
- Using AutoConfig to Manage System Configurations with Oracle Applications 11i (Note 165195.1)
- Managing E-Business Suite Configurations with AutoConfig