New AutoConfig Patchset RUP 12.0.6 Now Available
By ada.constanzo-muller on Nov 21, 2008
The latest update of the R12 E-Business Suite Technology Stack (Autoconfig Templates & Engine Patchset) is now released and is available for download from Oracle Metalink. The official name for this patch is:
- R12.TXK.A.DELTA.6 (7237313)
This Roll-Up Patchset (RUP) is cumulative and includes all previous E-Business Suite R12 Technology Stack RUPs such as R12.TXK.A.DELTA.4 (6329757). It also includes any updates/fixes previously released individually.
TXK.A.Delta.6 can be applied standalone on top of base R12.0 or any of the later R12 Release Updates (12.0.1, 12.0.2, 12.0.3, 12.0.4,12.0.4CP1). This patchset is also included in:
- Oracle Applications Technology Update Pack 12.0.6 (R12.ATG_PF.A) (Patch 7237006)
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.0.6 Release Update Pack (Patch 6728000)
If you have already applied either of the two 12.0.6 updates listed above then you don't need to apply this TXK patchset separately. On the other hand, if you're looking for the latest AutoConfig templates and don't wish to apply the larger 12.0.6-related updates listed above, this is a smaller and more granular alternative.
Please note that TXK team also released R12.TXK.A.DELTA.4.CP1 (TXK Consolidated Patch 1 on top of 12.0.4) after 12.0.4 patchset. Also note that 12.0.4CP1 is only available for TXK.
What's New in TXK 12.0.6 RUP?
This Patchset contains fixes required to support some of the upcoming Application Server and Database patchset certifications with E-Business Suite R12 such as RDBMS 10gR2 and 11gR1 and Oracle AS 10.1.3.3. Other new enhancements worth highlighting are:
- AutoConfig Profiler: AutoConfig has been enhanced to run in PROFILE mode. When run in PROFILE mode AutoConfig generates a report which can be used to identify AutoConfig performance bottlenecks
- AutoConfig Parallel run: AutoConfig has been enhanced to run in PARALLEL mode. With this implementation customers would be able to run AutoConfig in parallel across multiple nodes in a multi-node installation, thus improving the overall performance of AutoConfig
- ADCHKCFG utility now reports on the changes AutoConfig will perform in the database (apps profiles and others), as well as in the applications file system. It now generates a text report, in addition to the HTML report.
RDBMS 11gR1 Support
- Access Control List (ACL) : Introduced support for ACL which is a new feature in 11g DataBase
- Configuration changes needed to support database 11g R1
- The location of temporary files generated by Forms process had been made configurable by customers using the new context variable s_forms_tmpdir.
The following enhancements were introduced via R12.TXK.A.DELTA.4.CP1.
- Support of the new character set AL32UTF8.
- Support for Slovenian and Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian languages.
- Customers can now enable/disable specific OC4J instances on the Application Tier Servers by setting the context variables s_oacorestatus, s_formsstatus and s_oafmstatus.
- Enhanced the control script adcmctl.sh to support parameters like ABORT,SLEEP, RESTART, etc.
Added more detailed information to the description of the autoconfig context variables which is displayed via OAM.
- Patch R12.AD.A.delta.2 or higher on each application tier server node
For more details about this patchset content, see the README.
387859.1 "Using AutoConfig to Manage System Configurations with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12"