Microsoft IE 7 Certified with Apps 11i
By Steven Chan (Oracle Development) on Dec 11, 2006
[May 14, 2007 Update: IE 7 is now certified for Release 11.5.9 environments, too. For details, see: IE7 Now Certified on Apps 11.5.9]
[May 11, 2007 Update: Bug 5608740 has been resolved. Discoverer 10g users can now safely upgrade to IE7 without any drill-down issues.]
Terrific news: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 is now certified with the E-Business Suite Release 11i.
Minimum requirements for this certified configuration are:
- E-Business Suite Release 11i version 11.5.10
- Oracle Developer 6i patchset 18 (220.127.116.11.x) or later
- Oracle Applications Technology 11i.ATG_PF.H Rollup 4 (RUP 4) (patch 4676589)
- JInitiator 1.3.1.x
- Desktop clients running Microsoft Windows XP
- Tabbed Browsing: MS IE 7.0 provides a tabbed browsing facility. When using Oracle E-Business Suite, the Forms window will still open in a separate frame rather than in a new tab. This is intended functionality and is not a bug.
- Discoverer 10G: Discoverer Viewer users should not upgrade to MS IE 7.0 until the resolution of bug 5608740. This bug prevents the listing of drill items under the drill icon.
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle Applications 11i (Metalink Note 285218.1)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 Blocker Toolkit and Oracle Applications (Metalink Note 390582.1)
- Working with Pre-Release Browser Versions